Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jennifer's Wedding

My best friend from high school, Jennifer, got married the last weekend of August.  It was a fun, event- filled weekend and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it! I think I've mentioned before that Jenn lives in Houston so I know she will be relieved to not have to come home every other weekend for wedding parties and planning.
The weekend started with a rehearsal at the church we both grew up in.  It's also the church Elliott and I got married in and I just love going to weddings in that church. Another bridesmaid made a comment that the church was "made for weddings." It was beautifully decorated for the occasion! After the rehearsal we headed downtown for dinner at the Hilton ballroom. We enjoyed cocktails and live music and got to visit before a delicious meal followed by sweet toasts to the bride and groom.

Saturday was a long day and we got started early! We spent the day getting our hair and make up done at Jennifer's parents house (which was my second home in high school) and her mom's sisters spent the day cooking up some delicious food for us. It was a relaxing and fun day being pampered and spending time with Jenn who was completely composed and worry free!

The wedding was beautiful and after the ceremony, we boarded a party bus (the trolley they reserved had a broken a/c which is not acceptable for an August wedding) and enjoyed a fun ride downtown to the Old State Capitol for the reception.  After a few trips to the photo booth, some wedding cake, and dancing it was time to send off the bride and groom.
first dance
the flower girls were having too much fun!

Sunday morning, some of John's family hosted a brunch at Stroube's downtown so we got to see the happy newlyweds one last time before they headed to Bermuda for their honeymoon.
The weekend was the perfect way to celebrate Jenn & John. I may have mentioned before that she's been planning her wedding since we were 16...At the reception she said her favorite part was walking down the aisle. I'm not sure what my favorite part of it all was, but she was definitely a stunning bride and made it such fun to celebrate with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment