Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apples to Apples


I guess I've been getting all caught up in pumpkins and ghost's because fall doesn't really scream "Apples" to me but this time of year there are always apple recipes all over Southern Living along with every small town's version of an Apple Festival.  Last year I made a Dulce de leche Apple Pie (http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/10/04/deep-dish-dulce-de-leche-apple-pie/ ) and it was divine!! This year September's issue of Southern Living had me dog-earring several apple recipes but I really wanted to make the Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake that was on their cover. Well September came and went but a few weekends ago we went to my in-laws to watch the LSU-Tennessee game and my mother-in-law was getting ready to make that very cake...so I was excited to jump in and put my name on it too! It was really good but how can anything with cream cheese not be good?? We had a few hiccups with not having all the right ingredients, but after a trip to the store mid-mixing, we made due and it came out just great! http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/apple-cream-cheese-bundt-cake-50400000115369/
Our glaze was a bit different due to said "making due"
had to get a picture of the goodness in the middle!

And just for fun, I love that I can use apples in my decor!

1 comment:

  1. love that table cloth.
    please come cook for me.
    there are all kinds of apples in georgia!

    ReplyDelete