Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Weekend in NOLA

Last weekend, I headed down to New Orleans for a bachelorette trip for my best friend from high school, Jennifer (who totally embraced the whole "bachelorette" title!)

 It was a blast but Sunday when I got home, I was reminded of why I don't go out like that anymore! It has taken almost all week to get back on track!

We stayed at Hotel Le Monteleone on Royal Street and went to the Carousel Bar in the hotel while we waited for Jenn's late flight.

After Jenn's arrival and a few drinks we headed to Rock N Sake for a LATE dinner and then went out. We stayed out WAY past my bedtime but had a blast dancing like we did in college!

Saturday morning we slept in and hit the spa around noon. After a much needed pedicure,
we headed to the rooftop pool and spent the afternoon lounging in the sun.


  That night we threw Jenn a surprise lingerie shower which she was VERY excited about.

We had dinner at the Bourbon House followed by the piano bar at Pat O's which I LOVE! We submitted a few requests including "Here Comes the Bride" and "Callin' Baton Rouge."

While I could have stayed there all night, we thought it was most appropriate to head to The Cat's Meow for some much needed karaoke. We sang "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" and loved every minute of it!

In the wee hours of the morning after dancing and singing our booties off, we headed back to the hotel. Sunday was a lazy morning complete with brunch at Palace Cafe. After brunch we headed home and I finished off the weekend with a Sunday afternoon nap!

(the Mardi Gras masks were a fun prop appropriate for a party in NOLA...the bunny ears...well, I wasn't too thrilled about-as you can tell, mine are off in most of the pics but it was all in fun and made it easy to identify everyone in our group!!)

1 comment:

  1. holly! you were really going to town on that stage! go girl!!! looks like y'all had fun :-)

    ReplyDelete