Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Limeade

 I love all things tart so I am naturally a fan of limes! A few of my favorites include Key Lime Pie (this began as a child visiting family in Southern Florida), Cherry Limeade Slushes from Sonic (a high school tradition), and Mojito's (extra lime, of course)!

After our trip to the beach, we had some extra limes from the wonderful Margarita's Todd made and somehow I ended up with them.  So on this day, when life handed me an abundance of limes, we made limeade!

I was at my sister's and she has this citrus juicer:
We're not sure if it's missing the spout or didn't come with one (this was a wedding gift to my sister almost 6 years ago and this was her first time using it) and needless to say, the juice just dripped down the side instead of pouring smoothly into a cup. So, I ended up juicing by hand...
which was a little more effort but worked just fine since it was a small amount.
I think it yielded about 1/2 cup juice (give or take some)
Then I made a simple syrup with equal parts sugar and water

My sister uses organic sugar. I buy great value at wal-mart. We'll see who lives longer :)

I added the simple syrup to the lime juice and added a few cups cold water and ice and we enjoyed our fresh squeezed limeade treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment