Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

We are Thankful

We had a very filling Thanksgiving! Lots of great food and even more to be thankful for. My day started with the Turkey Trot 5k in Baton Rouge with my best friend Laura and her sister. Elliott's day started with an early morning duck hunt with his friend Steven.  He cleaned his ducks and I did some cooking and we went to his parents house that afternoon to join the family for an early dinner...
 Elliott's duck bombs
 Meredith made an AMAZING carrot suffle
I think an empty pie dish signifies the end to a great meal!
I made a German Chocolate Pecan Pie and I'll definitely be making it again. It was great...I'll post the recipe later!

On Friday, we were excited to get on campus for the much anticipated LSU vs. Arkansas game! 
but not before a quick pic of MommaLou (any day now, right?)

One of our favorite families was in town from Austin so we met up with them to tailgate. What.A.Game. Rough start but we came back! After the game we hung out with some friends and came home to this...


7 perfect German Shorthaired Pointer puppies

We didn't sleep last night but our hearts are so full of joy! I couldn't be happier to have a rainy, lazy Saturday to put on some Christmas music, do a little decorating, and lots of snuggling with those little angels!

As always, we have so MUCH to be THANKFUL for!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! 7 new babies! i know they're puppies, but that exhausts me just thinking about it :-)

    ReplyDelete