Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Basil



A few months ago, Elliott brought me a basil plant from his dad's store.  I repotted it and it has really taken off! Like a lot of plants, you have to cut them back so they'll keep producing! We can only eat so much basil and I have yet to make pesto-I have everything except those darn pine nuts, so the only thing left to do to avoid wasting it is to dry it! Mom brought be a drying rack back when she was doing all that "spring cleaning" so we are on our way to stocking the herb rack for the winter!

 One of our favorite summer appetizers is a Caprese Salad made of El's homegrown tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella, and a splash of balsamic

1 comment:

  1. Hols u can get large bags of pine nuts @ Sams very good price . I keep them in the freezer. I have a wonderful pesto recipe . Mom aka Yaya.

    ReplyDelete