Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Springtime

Springtime has come and gone and summer is here! It is hot but we were able to enjoy some cooler weather this spring. I love when the days get long. It makes me so happy to come home from work, put on my gardening gloves, and play in the dirt. My flower beds always need to be weeded and our neighbors won "Yard of the Month" in May so we have a lot of pressure...(I really don't care, I actually meant to nominate them and if you only knew the countless hours she spends in those flower beds. We've seen her in the front yard at 10pm-No lie). Anyway, I haven't updated any of my planters and the pansies and petunia's were starting to fade so my Master Gardner mother came to the rescue! We went to the nursery and picked out some caladiums and impatiens (I have a very shady yard). and this is what we came up with!




Mom also brought me this great crate she found and we bought these old casters at the ReStore.


  Once Elliott puts them on for me it will sit by the backdoor filled with old flip flops, boaters, and gardening clogs. I originally saw this idea in a Serena and Lily catalogue, pinned it to my pinterest account, and then made it a DIY project! This is a picture I had taken awhile back from the catalog!
you get the idea...Thanks Mom!

My mom was also busy going through some old boxes and I was the recipient of some treasures found in the attic. She found these great dessert cups which are perfect for a yummy parfait (post on that to come).

Among the dessert cups were various wine glasses, martini glasses, and a punch bowl- I better get to entertaining! I also got these two little planters which I've always loved,

these two BIG planters,

and my favorite childhood books! I can't wait to have a nursery to put them in.

Elliott has also been hard at work in our vegetable garden. This winter we fenced in our garden area (our dogs love to dig) and brought in some dirt. He worked in the compost and leaves to make some really great soil for our veggies! Tomatoes are his all time favorite thing to grow-he does all sorts of varieties and especially loves his heirlooms.
 keeping Ruger out!
 Liza snuck in
 young cherry tomato plant

first pickin' of green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment