Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Seasons

It's hard to believe that I started this post back in April the last time my sister visited before my dad's accident. Mary Stewart came over and we had fun in Elliott's garden. So much fun that we took off her pretty dress so her mom wouldn't get upset with us! After digging in the dirt, we needed a popsicle break.
Uncle Ears enjoyed one, too.
I decided I needed some help planting flowers and Mary Stewart was doing a great job digging in the dirt.
We planted our seeds and they needed to be watered.
and watered.
and watered.

Did I mention Mary Stewart likes to water plants?

She did such a good job that our seeds sprouted.


and grew

and grew

into these beautiful flowers.

I'm glad I took a few pictures along the way because yesterday I noticed that all my zinnias were dying and I realized that we've gone from spring to summer to fall and in a lot of ways I feel like my life has been like ground hogs day and I'm just going through the motions. Seeing my zinnias fading out
reminded me of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace

Although this has been a season of mourning and weeping for me, I have found joy in many things during this time. Friends have gotten married and engaged and others are expecting babies in the coming months. And have I mentioned how much time I've gotten to spend with my sister and her family! The zinnias are dying but my mums are blooming...to everything there is a season!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6jxxagVEO4

No comments:

Post a Comment