Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

This summer has by far been the toughest yet. As many of you know, I lost my father on June 30. I documented our journey of his accident and passing here: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/barneysmith

For awhile, it seemed as though time stood still. And at the same time, it seems to have flown by. After spending just over 2 weeks nearly living in the ICU waiting room, the days turned into weeks and the weeks have turned into 2 months. The day to day activities have caught up and the "routine" has ensued but there are still days that I find myself not having an appetite, nights that I can't sleep, and times I feel myself fighting back tears for no apparent reason. The reason is actually quite clear and I know it will take time, but I'm thankful for the qualities of his that I've inherited (it's funny how that happens) and the memories that I have of him that I can pass to my children one day.
Some days it doesn't seem real. But it is. It is very real and I know that God's plan for my life is very real, too. So above all, I trust in the promises of our Lord and hope in a Savior who gave his life so that I could live eternally, with my heavenly Father and my earthly father, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment