Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Elliott and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on March 31. The traditional gift for 5 years is wood. Elliott surprised me by building me this beautiful piece of furniture.

The whole thing is made of antique wood.  He used a sentimental barn door from our farm in Mississippi as the back (probably early 1900's). The sides are shutters from his family's original camp in Grand Isle dating back to the late 1800's. The rest is antique cypress that was left over from his parent's house when they renovated.


I couldn't have imagined it any better and was so excited that he built it for me! I also couldn't imagine life without him,  he is truly my better half! These first 5 years have flown by and I look forward to many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment