Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

what a busy summer...

I've counted 15 weeks from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  Of those 15 weeks, there have only been 3 weekends that Elliott and I have been at home, together with nothing going on! Most weekends have been small trips here and there-bachelorette/girls weekends for me, guys trips to Grand Isle for Elliott, weddings, parties, vacations...you name it.  Initially for every reason I had to start blogging, I had 3 on why not to, but after such a busy summer, I'm so grateful I've been documenting all that's been going on!
Once upon a time, I was an avid scrapbooker but somewhere in college I slowed down.  A little while later, I realized how far behind I was.  I stopped taking pictures because the thought of "catching up" overwhelmed me.  Then, I got married and decided I would start again.  BUT, we had NO space for me to spread all my stuff out and NO money to feed my habit.  About that time, my laptop from college crashed and the thought of losing all my pictures (and MEMORIES) saddened me.
So, for now, blogging is taking the place of scrapbooking and journaling.  I'll never say I'm not a scrapbooker and I will stand by my words that I'll "catch up" one day! (as if there will ever be a phase of my life when I'll have more time for scrapbooking)
Although it was busy, it was a great summer. I'm very grateful for all the opportunities we had and great friends to make such sweet memories with! I think this summer started some really fun traditions but with football season underway, I'm looking forward to a laid back fall and won't be planning anymore trips until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment