Welcome to Scroggsland! No babies (yet), no home renovations (yet) just life's ramblings....Meet the fam-Elliott & Holly, Liza and Ruger.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pinterest

A few weeks ago, I got an invitation to join Pinterest from my sister-in-law Meredith. She is always into the "cool" and "trendy" websites and I usually get sucked into most things she sends me. She has also introduced me to HauteLook, Rue La La, and Rent the Runway.  I should have known this was the hot new thing but unlike a discount fashion site, Pinterest has given me an outlet to store (and share) all those things I tear out or dog ear in magazines! Needless to say, my whole afternoon has been consumed with Pinterest. It is AMAZING! I'm sure everyone has heard of it but I hadn't "pinned" anything or even gone to the site since I got an "invitation" to join a few weeks ago...I actually laughed because I had 3 followers before I had really logged in...and then I followed them. and saw what they pinned. and became addicted.  My first pins were things I've seen in catalogues and want to buy or things I think that Elliott or I can make ourselves...we'll see how that goes! Next, I'll be going through these stacks of magazines!

I don't like to think of myself as a hoarder because I really find joy in cleaning out closests and giving things away, but for whatever reason, I have the hardest time getting rid of magazines! It cannot be explained but it makes me happy that they are organized by title and month and I love the way they look on my shelf!


1-6 = January-June
7-12= July-December
Have I mentioned I'm type A and a bit neurotic?
You can't deny that it's quite satisfying to have that messy stack end up looking like those organized shelves :)

And incase you're wondering, the magazine holders are IKEA and thanks to fabulous sister, I have 12 instead of 10!

Now, go join Pinterest!
holly

No comments:

Post a Comment